We’re hiring! The General Legend is on the lookout for the next legend to join our team.
Right now, we’re looking for a Melbourne-based Bookkeeping Legend or Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper as it’s known in the industry.
As a young and fresh Bookkeeping / Consulting business working with a wide variety of clients, we are set apart by the truly innovative businesses we support, the out of the box thinking we champion, and the unique opportunity to work closely with and be personally mentored by our CPA-qualified Managing Director.
This means that you will continually learn and grow, gaining those essential workplace skills you can’t really develop in a classroom.
• Be responsible for vital bookkeeping tasks such as Accounts Payable and Receivable, Bank Reconciliation and General Ledger Reconciliations (after all that’s where our name comes from);
• Generate detailed financial reports for clients and gain a detailed understanding of how these reports add value to their businesses;
• Process Payroll, so that our happy clients’ employees also stay happy and paid on time;
• Liaise with external accountants, suppliers and subcontractors;
• Put your critical thinking to work developing smart Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to optimise our clients’ processes;
• Work with Bookkeeping software such as Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks;
• Work with Process Automation add-ons such as Receipt Bank, Hubdoc, and our clients’ Point of Sales systems;
• Assist in preparing financial information and reports for Accountants, on a monthly and quarterly basis; and
• Gain exposure to business owners and clients across a range of exciting industries.
• Reside in and hold working rights in Australia;
• Are able to learn new software, systems and processes quickly;
• Love working with numbers and have strong data entry skills;
• Are a degree-qualified in Accounting or a related field;
• Are proficient in using Microsoft Office, including Advanced Word and Excel skills;
• Have a high-level of attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills;
• Are self-motivated, and comfortable working to tight deadlines; and
• Are eager to learn and grow within the business and are excited to be part of the future of The General Legend.
Simply send us an email to email@example.com with your resume and why you think you’ll be a great match for the team at The General Legend, and we’ll be in touch!
Or, if you have any questions about this or other bookkeeping jobs in Melbourne, simply contact us via email as well.